Wednesday, March 15, 2006

frogs and valley-wide upheaval

Holy shit, I’ve been working without breath or break for 6 hours straight. Somebody kiss me and slather me with massage. Another one bites the dust like old memory. Rapport with doctors escalates and waves while I edit their ideas. I’m no longer drowning but my neck is stiff and tiger-balmed. Peripheral vision has been eliminated. A beer would be good.

Last night I dreamed the hip doctor met me after a class I was teaching and asked me to lunch. He showed me a harpsichord in the center of the restaurant. Its belly was full with jambalaya. We peered in, he with fork. A piece of sausage pushed up to the top. It tastes like water, he told me. Anyone could eat from the harpsichord dish. I woke.

After this blink, there will be a hiatus in transmissions. During the next few days I will be relocating my earthly things from one cave to another, shortly after which I will move into a new decade of my life. I feel tripped out by full-fledged anythings but not yet by the aging of stars.

Happy Ides of March. Goodbye, Julius Caesar.

According to one web site, March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month. I had no idea.

Learn about rare ultrasonic frogs in China.

Do you want to make DNA origami together this weekend?

3 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin said...

Happy Birthday, Sara! Once you pass the three zero mark it just gets easier.

And have a good move. Like you were saying the other week this can awaken a fresh wave of new thoughts and feelings and people and projects.

So have fun x

12:02 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Thanks, Benjamin. It isn't my birthday yet--just looking ahead to changes. The ass-end of the month is the day. The move so far has gone well. What a perspective-warp. I had only tentative plans to move when I made the comment on your blog about moving. This real live move came quickly out of nowhere. Good things.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Oh, even better. Sounds good.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home