Monday, March 13, 2006

kubla khan yawned and people saw clearly again

It’s confirmed. I’m becoming my grandma. I woke up at 4:13 am and did not fall back to sleep. No cookies got baked and no shirts got ironed, but eventually I got up, made coffee, and went to work too early. What I learned: it doesn’t matter how early you leave the house; traffic in New Jersey is always abominable and the drivers always drive with little logic or awareness.

Edward O. Wilson, Intelligent Design, and a Darwin exhibit I want to see: "[Wilson] edited, annotated, and wrote introductory essays for an anthology of Darwin's writings, From So Simple a Beginning: Darwin's Four Great Books, published last fall. The timing of the show and Wilson's book were not intended to counter the rise of the intelligent-design movement, but the author is enjoying the coincidence. ‘I'm delighted - and so is my publisher,’ Wilson laughs. In September, he will address the neo-creationists directly in a book aimed at a hypothetical Southern Baptist pastor. Evolution will prevail, Wilson predicts: "As someone said recently, 'We've got the fossils. We win.'"

And just when a little stirring up of the still-life was needed, beer flowed like water in Norway.

This is all my head can make today. Neurons dare to nap on gray knolls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home