Tuesday, March 14, 2006

dates and hitched figs

Today is Albert Einstein’s birthday (1879), and on this day in 1794 Eli Whitney received his patent for the cotton gin. Yes, I read this somewhere, but, for some reason, the fact that Eli Whitney invented the cotton gin is one of the facts I remember best from long-ago history class.

Scent of tiger balm and hard-boiled eggs make the day I take in the unergonomic desk-chair. The egg is good for your eyes; the computer is not. The egg contains all 9 essential amino acids; the mouse does not. The eggs are in my belly.

When a person gets married and pregnant, is it part of the package for that person to become an emptily outspoken bitch? I’ve noticed a distinct change in the newly married pregnant women in my workplace. (The events seem to go hand in hand around here.) Attitude shifts ugly and they march as an army in the hallway.

That said, I know some married pregnant people outside the workplace who do not behave this way.

Dear Ganesh and your mouse-car, please if I wed and swell in the belly area, keep me strong against repugnant-bitch tendencies that might afflict me.


A few new words I learned (from Wired):

Olfrygt: how the Danish describe the nagging fear of being unable to find a beer while out of town

Iktsuarpok: the Inuit way of describing the act of repeatedly going outside to check if someone is coming

Dozvonit’sya: the Russian expression for ringing a doorbell or calling a phone number over and over until you get an answer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home