Thursday, April 20, 2006

big ears on the streets

"It’s very nice to see some of you people here tonight." pause "It’s horrific to see some of you other people," said Langhorne Slim. "Just kidding. It’s very nice to see all of you." Horrific.

* * *

"Hi. How’s your boyfriend?"
"Good. How’s your husband?"
"Good."

Small-talk degenerates. I overheard this conversation while I was in a bathroom stall at work. Beyond the small-talk cloud-filler of mindlessly asking each other "how are ya/how you been/what’s up/how’s it going/et cetera," these two women asked each other about the well-being of people whom neither of them have ever met.

Hi. How’s Napoleon?
Good. How’s T-Rex?
Good.

* * *

"If you read your paperwork…If you read your paperwork…If you read your paperwork…" Overheard from the office next door after I complained to my co-worker about doctors not following directions (which means I must follow tediously behind them with a pooper-scooper). Apparently nobody reads or follows directions. There is no rule or order.

* * *

"I think he beats his wife." Overheard from the office next door, two hours after I had a conversation about wife-beaters, as in the attire, with my co-worker. Must be ribbed.

* * *

Dear Athena, I love coconut. Please let that be the bellum-winner’s prize.

Dear Coconut, Every time you call my name I heat up like a burnin’ flame. Abra-abra-cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya.

Dear Flame, I think this inner-bellum needs a fire lit under its ass.

8 Comments:

Blogger glomgold said...

Hi! I haven't been here in quite some time b/c, well, the number of unread posts kept climbing and I got more and more intimidated.
But, ahhh. "Hi. How's Napoleon?" equals hearty belly laugh. I have yet to hear anyone actually ever seriously utter about someone being a wife-beater. Maybe I'm still naive.
Just rewatched a bit of Joe vs. the Volcano. "I know he can get the job, but can he do the job? I'm not arguing with you. I'M NOT ARGUING WITH YOU!! Can he do the job? I know he can get..." classic.
Abracadabra. I love it. Good evening.

9:58 PM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

hi. how's sara?
good. how's transience?
uh, you might want to sit down...

11:57 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I'm glad you got over your intimidation, glomgold. Abracadabra is your doing, you know. How's Castro?

hi transience--nice to see you. i'm actually lying down. will that do?

11:31 AM  
Blogger cupcake said...

The EOM in my office must go home every day on her lunch break and make her husband's lunch. Sometimes he'll have lunch guests and she'll have to fix em something too. I am not lying. Everyday she goes home.

1:40 PM  
Blogger kim said...

That's very funny! Thatnks for making my procrastination more enjoyable SAra.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

O, the EOMs. I think I just missed out on donating money for my EOM's 50th birthday. I didn't mean to be a bitch. I just got distracted.

Hi, Kim. How the heck are you? I'll try to be entertaining more often then, for your procrastinating benefit.

9:58 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

You are right. I just bought my first Silk soy yogurt the other day and it tasted pretty strange. I vowed then and there never to eat soy yogurt again but maybe I'll give Stonyfield a try. They are one of the best afterall.
"As god is my witness I'll never eat soy yogurt AGAIN!!". It was powerful.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Oh no! I like Stonyfield. Plus, it's fruit-on-the-bottom style. Blueberry is my favorite. I like it. I hope it doesn't repulse you.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home