Thursday, September 15, 2005

When orangoutangs explode into sunlight…*

some things that make sense to me on one level or another follow:

An interview between a geologist and a musician, discovered and read at eleven on the dot. Animal Collective "like liquidy sounds". I do too. Furthermore under the canopy, "If you are just trying to do something to be different, but feel no personal attachment to what you are creating, then that’s a shame. If it’s not something you would respond to on a deeper level, why would anyone else respond to it?"

On the decline of Playboy magazine; or, looking back to a time before "hookers" supplanted "Botticelli’s goddesses"... In golden days, before culture scattered and thinned, women baring their parts in this magazine once had PhDs and read books. Once I forgot where I was, tried to link a reference to Playboy on this blog while at work, and was confronted with an alarming screen prohibiting my entrance to the site. Afterward I became paranoid I would be fired for being a pervert. This has not yet happened.

Relatively speaking, what is culture here and there and who's going at what speed to and from where? Who knows, but you may as well go and try to figure it out. The sun is hot and I’m done wasting time burning my ass on a hot rock. There are and there is Nine Planets Without Intelligent Life.

*via The Good Doctor I learned this alternative spelling today, alternative to what I had known at least: orangutan. As he said, there's always something new to learn.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cultivate Your Culture
By Lana Holmes, founder and CEO of Newhouse Consulting Corporate culture isn't something you can define.
Blogs are making lots of money on the net. Are you interested in turning yours into a money machine? This is one of the best
search engine marketing firm online markets to be in.

The successful affiliate marketers are using the search engine marketing firm to get their sites and blogs crawled, indexed and even ranked, at the top in the best search engines in less than one week.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Corporate culture incites sickness in my belly and ire in my mind. I have no interest in your money machine. Most things that happen in less than one week are flukes.

12:19 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

These are some odd comics you have stumbled upon. I've been told that Pluto has been officially demoted and no longer counts as a planet. This will require more research (accent on the 2nd syllable).

7:21 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I heard that about Pluto. Is that really fair? As in, Hey you wanna be my husband? Never mind, you don't qualify.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home