Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Office

Thanks to you-know-who-you-are, apparently I am an addict. Last weekend I finished watching the whole kingdom of The Office. The faces of the characters race through my head, and British quips toss about in my ears. Here I am researching the show and celebrating it on the blog. I caught myself mimicking Tim earlier.

Do not fear traveling: visit the web site, which for future reference now appears in the sidebar. Peruse Gareth’s web site, learn about his prowess in bed. Learn David Brent’s hit song on guitar. Be assured that Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, sadly though appropriately, will have no more good ideas for The Office.

To master at root both desire and cosmic balance is a high hop-scotch achievement.

8 Comments:

Blogger kim said...

www.toughbusty.blogspot.com i make no promises, but i shall post now and again. i also fear my story may have a lot of build up with little climax, but oh well

10:14 PM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

it would be a glory to live it. and i need my life needs reconfiguring, too. it's all sunshiny here.

12:14 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

fantastic,kim. i'll re-link you. i didn't mean to de-link you; i just meant to move you. do you feel moved? go get 'em, toughbusty.

transience--yes, i've got some colors (for) now. still working on the sort of content to include here and what to leave for elsewhere.

8:24 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

I have scrod myself having purchased the first half but not the second of the Office, and now with no funds. And the American version, as usual, is a $10 sidewalk knock-off.
John Larroquette as Basil Fawlty?! What's next, Pauley Shore as Edmund Blackadder?

3:12 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

when you have funds, glomgold, you must see the rest. kyle's roommate has the whole bit. it truly gets better with each episode. to be honest, it took three maybe four episodes before i was hooked. after that i woke up thinking about it. and now, well, i've perused the whole Office web site.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

hiya sara. yeah... reconfigure at your leisure, its cool. i suspect you'll grace these pages from time to time but i don't know. go write something, a book or an opera libretto or whatever. have fun x

11:01 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Thanks, Benjamin. Nice to see you. I found that I was dropping some of my "real ideas" here and here they stayed, leaving too many empty spaces outside and elsewhere. Will see what happens.

8:29 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

I think we were talking about that the other day. It took me a couple episodes before I decided I liked it. And then another 1 or 2 before I really liked it.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home