Tuesday, August 30, 2005

showing leg

Earlier today I was walking down the hallway at work, and a woman from the secretarial staff said, "Oooh, you’re showing leg today." Then she looked at the woman next to her and said like an art-hack admiring a trendy piece, "Sara. She’s so cute." What do you think I’m wearing?* (find answer below)

I’ve been re-thinking this blog, its purpose. It’s taking writing energy I'd rather funnel elsewhere, the matrical explanation of which I’ll keep to myself. I’d been experimenting with making myself more public. A blog makes this easy for a private person to do. At the time of writing it’s still physically an interchange with a screen and a keyboard. No judging or wandering eyes to contend with.

At the same time, there is still the knowledge that some people are reading, which makes writing on a blog exhibitionist and adds an element to the sharing of private things that I've been reconsidering participation in. By private things I don’t mean hearty dumps or graphic sexual exploits, though I suppose those are included. I mean the intimate world of inner processing.

Am seeking balance. I once was so private I barely spoke to anyone about anything. At some point I decided to turn inside out. Some might argue I didn't achieve it, which would be true to a point, but still in increased candor I feel I’ve cheapened some geometries and calculi that used to enrich my private life and feed my spirit because they had a home and weren't so much in open transit.

So this here blog may dim until I adjust my approach. I don't want to become a statistic and give up the blog after the initial hoo-ha; however, somebody needs to wear a hat. In the meantime, I’ve added a few links on the side. Only a few—don’t get excited. There will be more if I can keep my lasso focused.

*It’s a trick, because today I said Fuck it. I’m not wearing anything.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

thanks. i didn't say i was leaving, though. just reconfiguring.

4:12 PM  
Blogger cupcake said...

You are reconfiguring in purple, nice hue.

4:54 PM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

and i am awake.

i so feel you on this one--those energies you have lead you to the fate of branching out. i'm here on the sidelines, cheering you on.

love that leg. grab some fishnets.

5:15 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

thank you, melissa. the hue too will be reconfigured.

nice to see you, transience. and thanks for cheering. i'll add fishnets to the list.

7:25 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Bright yellow!
Experiment, experiment.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home