Monday, March 07, 2005

The French Toast Spot Has Been Named

Two men dressed in workman blue came to my office door this morning. They were holding nameplates. Immediately I felt a surge of excitement, then worry. My name was spelled wrong even on the $25 check the department gave me for Christmas. I asked the fellow holding the plates if I could see the spelling. There was my name, spelled correctly, both names. It is now perched like a spring bird on my office door. The two men even returned to scrape the glue from the previous nameplate off the door. Now some office furniture, so I can properly house journal issues and the rest of The Good Doctor’s things, would properly tie up this long loose shoe string.

Saturday I visited
Princeton Record Exchange and picked up the album from Rob Schneider’s (Apples in Stereo) new band Ulysses. As a zealot for the epic tale I couldn’t pass up the band almost solely on its name, and especially not with those spring and up vocals, whether or not the lyrics match in mood. I love Rob Schneider’s voice. Rob, please won’t you sing me awake in the morning? By that I mean be my alarm clock, not wake up in bed with me. My loyalty lies elsewhere, and I’m a good puppy who can catch a Frisbee in the park.

Was a good CD day even though I didn’t find all that I sought. I also picked up
Nick Cave’s Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus, which I’ve only yet heard part of, and Majesty Crush’s Sans Muscles and Looper’s Geometrid, which I have a burned copy of, but it and Majesty Crush were only $2.

The trip that brought us to Princeton: Tom and I accompanied Shin on a trial drive to his new job. The drive is nice. I might be envious. Cruising along the canal or weaving jerkily down 287? I’d take the canal any day. CD shopping followed the trial drive, and then upon my request, we stopped in
Triumph Brewery, where Tom and I sipped on an Irish Dry Stout and a Scottish Ale each, while trying to entertain Shin with wistful tales and jokes about his allergy to alcohol.

Onward ho. The editorial office is stacked with decided manuscripts today, which means I am busy composing letters, sending e-mails and faxes, and editing scientific language. Rob Schneider and epic winding carry strange the day where decadent French toast, cheesecake, and fudge cake fill the neuroscience department. Furthermore, I have been named.

2 Comments:

Blogger glomgold said...

Ok. This can't be the same Rob Schneider of "Deuce Bigalow" fame, right?

11:52 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Yes. I had hoped I was making that clear. Ok.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home