Friday, November 05, 2004

Not a soap star yet but there is potential

It has occurred to me that all this Irish talk began as fantasy-talk when I swooned after my first call from the original Irish fellow (not Irish fellow 1 or Irish fellow 2), and after I crushed on Scott Paterson of Sons & Daughters. And now I believe in, and regularly think and talk about, my Irish "friends". Partly this ok because I am indeed establishing rapport with these folk (not SP, however).

This, nevertheless, is how serious delusion begins, when the world inside becomes mismatched with the world outside. (I contest that this is the natural state for everyone I have and haven't met, though.) This is how Nurse Betty cases develop.

Which means I need either to make a checklist and mark realistically on the Cartesian grid just where my relationship with each of the fellows is, or to show up in Ireland for work tomorrow morning with a harp, a Guinness, and another Guinness.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Never been anywhere in Ireland. I really must go frolic in the green and drink Guinness with my friends. First stop, Galway (unless my friends are far, in which case it's second stop, Galway).

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home