Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Eye Candy

Visit the sidebar in the hole. There are three new places to visit, including the one and only Mr King whose fantastic photoblog I’ve waited much too long to hoot ‘n’ holler about. See the dying sunflower. It made my body hairs soften. (Normally they’re very coarse. I’m like one big pube.)

I have reached toxicity level with this candy corn. I blame Target. Pre-Halloween I wanted a small bag of candy corn mixed with the big pieces: pumpkins, bats, witches, etc. For one, Target carries only Brach’s brand, whose yellow mellowcreme tastes like plastic yellow and not like banana, as Farley brand makes it. Neither does Brach’s make a maple piece; Farley does, however. That’s neither here nor there, though. I knew Target carried only Brach’s but I was there and was going to buy it anyway. The problem was that because of the unjust packaging I was essentially forced into spending more money on the large bag so I could get the product I wanted. There were no small bags or even plastic containers with both the corn and the big pieces; only the large, and I mean Large, bags held the mix I sought and only half-sought. I may not finish this Large Bag until Easter. Since I feel compelled to finish the damn thing and sooner than Easter, I brought it to work with me today and thought I’d have a little, and then a little more. Now I suffer from headache, mild bellyache, and twitch-face. Thanks a lot, Target. I paid an extra dollar for a bag I didn’t really want. Screwed. I suppose I could have gone without, but I am American, and that means that I run on a blind drive to consume things.

As if anyone really cares...I'm toxic.

Visit new places and have a nice day.

p.s. Anybody know anything about San Diego?


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh? I thought it was Farley's that tasted like flavorless plastic. I've been eating Brach's for years (including right now) and I know they have a maple flavor. The yellows taste like delicious banana. In fact I am desperately seeking a source of Brach's yellow mellowcremes on the internet, which is how I got to this page.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home