Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Limbs Limned

I have lost patience with people making mistakes and in addition to assuming that I made the mistake because I didn’t make the mistake that they made, which would have thus put me in the same field as they were, making a point to let me know how terribly faulty I am. I won’t mention any names. Pinning mistakes on other people is just shitty.

Now that that’s out…the source of the cold air in my office has been located and taken care of. Someone previously in my office liked it cool and had one of the ceiling tiles switched out for a tile that brought in air from god-knows-where. This morning before I got to work, maintenance had come and switched the tiles. Whoever it was also left a vast mess on the floor and all over my CD player and the boxes and papers nearby underneath the tile. This stuff, whatever it is, the second I walked into my office caused an allergic reaction. I’m talking headache, sharp pain in the back of throat, sticky eyes, aching ears, phlegm. What the fuck? I don’t like to complain and in most uncomfortable situations I make do; I consider it a healthy challenge to do so. I hate having to complain like I hate throwing up. I’m no longer cold but my well-being is now otherwise compromised. Not to mention the potential for idiot mischief in the coming presidential election and widespread little-faith in either option anyway. And what about the poor inbred children in southern Illinois? I feel anxious and sticky. At least I have all my limbs, and they’re warm.

Sonic Youth today, the second disc of the re-issue of Dirty. It will heal, or will at least overwhelm the dust devils and foul players. I have faith and drunken butterflies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home