Tuesday, October 19, 2004

The Circus In My Head

That's a Throwing Muses lyric, truncated.

I don’t feel connected to anything outside enough to write much meaningfully today, or the past few or so days. But I shan't neglect the fire in the hole.

Last night I dreamed that several of my family members were traveling to Las Vegas. For some reason it was obvious and unquestioned in the dream that we were going in two separate groups, and there was no detectable sense of the two groups meeting up while there, as if we were going to two separate places, even though Las Vegas was the place. The airport was a circus. Not a metaphorical circus but a real circus. The first group of my family, more distant, cousins, were dilly-dallying around at the check-in counter and suddenly became worried they would miss their flight. So I grabbed their tickets and did the check-in myself, then directed them and their bags to the gate, which was also a merry-go-round. My brother who was part of my group, the second group, joined the cousins on the merry-go-round. It began to rain. My mom and my grandma, also part of the second group, walked back inside toward the check-in counter. Well, I didn’t want to stand in the rain, and neither did Mark. Alex, my brother, had left his bags sitting on the ground near the merry-go-round, and I didn’t want to just leave them there while he was going in circles on a colorful horse. So Mark and I hid the bags behind bushes and went inside. They weren’t hidden very well, but it was raining, and, heck, my brother should have been paying attention to his bags.

There is a commercial on 101.5, which advertises the Lap Band System for losing weight. Every time I hear it I think I hear about the Lap Dance System for losing weight, and fantastic scenarios begin to kick around in my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home