Friday, September 24, 2004

Glitzy Twitching

I’d like to direct you to the newly monikered and active MakBlog.

Good news, The Good Doctor is "very" impressed, not only with the PowerPoint presentation I made for him but also that I taught myself the program in order to do it. Shucks, and the sun is shining. I done good. Ok, done tooting own horn. I'm all red-faced, uncomfortable in this position.

Other things in life that make me uncomfortable:
1. When people say "what’s up?" or "how are you" in passing, or ever
2. Churches, the mysterious etiquette while in service
3. Fighting, though in a sadistically exhilarating way
4. Turning down a suitor
5. Soggy clothing on the body

Last night I had all sorts of dream-in-wake scenarios. By that I mean I was asleep but I was aware of my surroundings in the waking and, with lots of jerking and sitting up, was having very in-the-waking sorts of dreams:
1. Talking to
Melissa on the phone about a date.
2.
Jeremy was sweating profusely--and I mean profusely--sweat dripping like Niagra from his head; clearly he was dressed too warmly for the room.
3. Taking care of bidness at work, talking to The Good Doctor, close-up of long technical title of manuscript.


APPENDIX:
1. I still dislike traffic, particularly the jamming sort.
2. I'm still going to Las freaking Vegas, and to top it off Mak I are going on a glider ride, gifted to us by his Dad-o last Christmas.

6 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

That phone call is coming.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Me, too. Back row, usually right-hand side. That way you keep your eyes on everyone and usually the door, too.

I feel like an actor when I shake hands. Recently I INVOLUNTARILY offered a handshake--to someone I knew. It was weird.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Hm. I don't see anything wrong with the handshake; I just feel like a man in a business suit when I'm sharing in one.

We've talked about the kiss on the cheek thing. There is a particular father (Mark's) that has many times induced in me the which-cheek fear.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Mr Anigans said...

that's why you have to learn those crazy 'jive' handshakes with snaps and gang signs thrown in. then you know you 'fresh'.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

What? This must be how the dirty yellow people talk and shake. Dirty white girl can't pull of "jive," as you call it.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home