Thursday, September 23, 2004

America's Youth Shows New Promise

Last night I was riding my bike because it was bloody beautiful outside. I heard a thumping against my bike and looked up. There were two boys walking on the sidewalk. (I was in the street.) Both said, nearly simultaneously, "Your water bottle fell out." Not only that, they retrieved it as I was heaving my bike up the curb and out of traffic. I had actually thought they’d thrown something at me when I first heard the noise and saw them. I guess not all of our youth are little fuckers made of cock and laze. That’s something to smile about.

However: I am very near completing my first PowerPoint presentation—for The Good Doctor, on a muscle condition. My mouse-clicking hand aches. Having come this far, I say, Fuck you to Microsoft Office programs that do things for you with the intention of helping you, and whether or not they’re actually helping you they do it anyway and don’t let you do otherwise. I’ve been thinking this for a while. When my grandma does this it’s forgivable because her heart is involved; this is not the case for Microsoft Office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home