Wednesday, August 11, 2004

My Mom's Not Irish But She's So Right

Today is plump with ongoing tedious activities, which while bruising now will benefit me and others later, and so I press on. The journal I work for is about to become web-based, which means less haphazard searching, flipping documents around, and repeating tasks. This is good. Apparently an Irish guy will be coming to train me and the doctor on the new system. The Irish Invasion marches on synchronously.

I used to think synchronicity preceded things good about to happen. A friend of mine who will here remain unnamed said that synchronicity seems to precede bad things about to happen. Now I think it’s neither good or bad, but potential for both—I’m through black-and-whiting things, because that just ain’t the way life runs. It’s attitude that shades a thing black or white anyway. It always pissed me off when my mom said a change of my bad attitude would make things better. Even though she’s crazy, I see now she’s right (and that everything's morphable illusion).

Ok. My brain is tired today from bike riding in New Brunswick to a bar for beer late last night. How 'bout that for alliteration.

2 Comments:

Blogger kim said...

Is one allowed to peddle under the influence? Hmm...

3:45 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I believe so. Do you still respect me? Did you ever? (P.S. I have to comment on the homonym: peddle/pedal, peddle meaning to sell things rather than pedal a bike. Might it be better if peddlars peddled after a drink or two so they might not try that lousily crafted spiel (speil?) o' shit many of them give you in most stores? Maybe they'd act more like humans, or maybe they'd just be dumber robots.)

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home