Friday, April 28, 2006

having memories like babies through a highly lubed tube

The morning though a touch chilly is beautiful and it reminds me of a spring morning when I lived in Iowa City. After a coffin of a winter, a spring day warmed in. The sun was out, the air was crisp and warm but with a cool breeze almost not there. I zipped out of all my winter coats and put on a tank top. Walking toward the downtown I had a smile on my face like I’d just smoked something fancy. My body was fizzing with springtime carbonation. A turquoise car drove by. I turned to look. The guy driving was listening to a disco song turned up loud—he slowed down, stretched his torso out the window, and reaching his arm toward me he sang with passion for a quick second before driving on. He was fizzing too, and for a few moments I loved being alive so much I couldn’t stand.

Equipoise on the teeter-totter is excellent climax before the story falls down.

Room-temp clear carbonated beverage eases an uneasy belly.

disco in Latin means "I learn."

What’ll we do with the guillotine?

What’ll we do with the guillotine?

We’ll decide after we do brie and tea.

2 Comments:

Blogger {illyria} said...

you had me at turquoise. it's my favorite color. there are some days i'm so pumped being alive that i'm afraid it's just a rollercoaster ride waiting to end. but you sound happy. i hope the carnival never leaves town.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

then have another turquoise. yeah, those extreme happies are frequently if not always followed by extreme sads, and the turquoise car incident happened during a particularly manic period. right this second i am pretty happy. here i share a cup of carnival with you.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home