Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Holiday Party

They served wine and fine hors d’oeuvres at the party.

Introductions went on all night and people laughed.
Unfortunate work-stories were told unfortunately.
People laughed.

The woman who said to be aggressive four times too many
resigned. She has reckoned with her office malfeasance.

Cheesecake arrived.

It was decided that the purple and black scrubs
are favorites.
They will win the Super Bowl.

One has an ancient and tragic relationship
with his parents, obscured by television.

The other is so tired her body is expanding to Sumo-fit.
Walking is difficult, and child-bearing and sporks and sex.

A shiny man with a moustache came out
and played his shiny mandolin
until his hands fell off. Then he disrobed.

Over the river and through the woods a red man said
You are the oracle.

I keep expensive and expansive secrets from you.

2 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

My work party will be next week at the fancy Outback Steakhouse. Not really sure why we are going to Outback, but ya know, I'll just go with it.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Mr Anigans said...

my work party will be in my pants....or my mind....as will my christmas bonus.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home