Friday, December 03, 2004

Armpit Bruxism

There are a few things I should be doing but concentration eludes me, in which case here are a few things in my head today:

1. I love the Halo Benders because of lines like this:

The pitchforks have been sharpened.
Wrap your tentacles around my head.
Repeat our names until they rhyme.

Now this last one, just try it. Another line in the song is "lose myself in you". Select someone in whom you might want to lose yourself and repeat yours and that person’s name until they rhyme. For example, MarkSaraMarkSaraMarkSara, and so on. It’s fantastic.

2. Another thing in my head: anti-perspirants really work. I know this because yesterday I forgot to wear any and I was sweating seas. Fortunately I did not muster any foul odor. It’s possible, I realize, that I became one of those people who stinks so badly I couldn’t smell it. Those are the breaks.

3. A third thing in my head: I said something about blogs while in the kitchen with Mark and his dad a couple weeks ago. Mark’s dad perked up and asked me about the blog. He asked where he could find mine. I was sketchy and elusively came forth with only the title. I don’t know if he found it and is reading it right now or not. While I was trying to dodge the question,

I said, "I don’t know if you’d want to read my blog."
He said, "Why not?"
I said, "Because I can be a rather foul creature."
He said, "I know. I’ve read your poems."

My mind bolted into its race car and sped back through every poem I’ve written and that he might have read, while trying to gauge his responses. I have no idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home