Friday, December 10, 2004

Daisyphrenia

Here is a list of things I feel like liking, upon concluding the following: I don’t feel like being at work, I don’t feel like being misinterpreted, I don’t feel like being criticized upon misinterpretation, and I don't feel like complaining about it.

1. Coffee, good coffee, coffee like acid, drinking lots of coffee until the world is crisp.

2. Magenta. When my brother was younger he called it Magneta. This will be my superhero name when I die. Magneta.

3. Bubbling e-mail conversation with a stranger. Pop the cork.

4. Vicodin. I admit it. I like the Vicodin. I’d like to be liking the Vicodin all the livelong day in the life of Sara S. Rations.

5. Playing the pentatonic scale I learned on my guitar (even though I’m not sure I'm doing it correctly post-guitar lesson).

6. Everything. I feel like liking everything so that then nothing will be problematic. However, that is too broad, and thus problematic, so #7…

(I find myself wanting to make a list instead of all the ways people are oppressive, greedy, and otherwise selfish. Persevere, friend, and strike a happy match.)

7. Edy’s Fudge Tracks ice cream. I don’t know which came first: Turkey Hill’s or Pathmark’s Moose Tracks or Edy’s Fudge Tracks, but it’s all good milky on the tongue.

(I’d like to break for a moment and say I lament the way that people access more and more their pushy indignant asshole qualities, whether driving or just loping around, the closer we get to Christmas.)

8. Cabernet-Savignon. I’m not picky about which brand, but I do like to siphon this breed of wine until I’m warm and happy and fluid. Even though it turns my lips and teeth purple.

9. Grape Nuts. Mock and bock as you will. I like Grape Nuts, and I’ve been eating the hard little beads out of paper coffee cups in my office for weeks.

(There is, of course, a semantic quandary in this "feel like liking" business, because feeling like liking something isn’t the same as really liking something, which suggests deficiency in the capacity to like on the part of the potential liker. Bah lingo, Scrooge! Who cares about deficiency and Christmas and what’s to like about a pulsing red heart bloody trapped in a hard guitar case. Bumbling tongue, hot-potato synapses!)

10. Sometimes I envision myself an old gray-hair lady at peace inside and out; sometimes I envision myself an old gray-hair lady cranky and bitter as fast-food coffee. I feel like liking the former.

8 Comments:

Blogger kim said...

this is unrelated but i went to www.fireinthehole.blogspot.com and it was in portugese. i missed you. then i played with spelling and found you, :-)

11:03 AM  
Blogger kim said...

Oh yeah, why will you only be a superhero when you die?

11:04 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Thanks for all the effort. That's my other blog in a foreign language so I can vent without pissing anybody off.

About being a superhero upon death...I don't know. It just came to me and I wrote it down, so it might be true. Or it might not. I guess I'll find out. Maybe I'm a superhero now with identity confusion.

11:18 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

I'm gonna say Moose Tracks came first cuz I recall seeing it years ago in those weird little Hershey's Ice Cream shops in Pennsylvanian rest-stops and then always lamenting that I couldn't find it anywhere else since no one sells Hershey's ice cream around here. BOOOO!!! to Grape Nuts!! Obrigado senhora. Boa tarde.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Mr Anigans said...

eating grapenuts is like gnawing on a bowl of gravel.

7:39 PM  
Blogger kim said...

well kate, according to freud your dreams of flight are actually repressed sexual tension trying to express itself...

9:53 AM  
Blogger 8ZERO8 said...

I really want to like Vicodin (I like just about every other drug) but it just don't get it. What am I missing? I have a whole bottle full just going to waste.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Vicodin--perhaps it has something to do with my strung nature and difficulty sleeping half the time. Vicodin provides perceptions a few interesting degrees askew while calming calming the body. That's what I can see so far. I'm no expert; I'm just treating a dog bite, and then some.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home