Friday, October 07, 2005

Please notice when you are happy

It’s more difficult than it seems like it would be. But try it on and love the way it makes your ass look anyway.

Go here to read an article on Kurt Vonnegut, from which the title for this post comes. Difficult to choose, for he is a quotable man who by the way grew up in my very own Midwestern United States. He also thinks our president is a "twit" and that people in general are "too cheap and lazy".

While I’m promoting deserving figures, go here. First, if you haven’t done so yet, play around in the web site, drool a little because you’re so enchanted, put the good music in your ears, and then, because your senses are at brim with pleasure, purchase the brand new Ten Songs by the Teenage Prayers so that this goodness will never end. I’m not kidding. I don’t know how to.

Are you happy now? I am happy. Darn sleepy today, but happy, perhaps more with knowledge from the future than with the present circumscription, but happy nonetheless, for I have been visited by swift and knowing aphids donning neon visors and trenchcoats.

5 Comments:

Blogger kim said...

Speaking of the Midwest...Is your hometown fairly large and/or recognizable? I've heard a bunch of references to it lately, and I was thinking Wow Sara's town IS famous. I think one was on the Daily Show.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Not too big--about 12,000. But it's at the crossroads of interstates 57 and 70, so many people pass through there. My hometown is rich in truck stops and fast food restaurants. I should ask my parents if something big's gone down there.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

finnegan--i think there may be a worldwide funk going on. in the whirl, enjoy the fevered dreams. though i hope you're no longer ailing.

4:45 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Wow! Not only did I not know that Vonnegut was still alive but I also didn't know USA Today had anything in it besides pie charts!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I didn't know he was still alive either. And still writing apparently. Pie charts and writers thought to be dead is what USA Today does.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home