Thursday, October 13, 2005

canals in position

The gods are drooling like mad upon this land. The canal has risen and mudded.

Chewbacca is about to become an American citizen. He has this to say about his new coat: "I am feeling very happy about it....Whatever people say about America, it is still one of the most wonderful countries in the world, despite the politics, religion and everything else that goes on."

And everything else that goes on.

The flu is one of the most wonderful conditions in the world despite the fever, chills, achiness, and everything else that goes on.

Did you hear about the potential mercy killings in a New Orleans hospital (German: Krankenhaus) three days after Katrina hit our country's mouth? It's difficult to offer an opinion without more information on hospital capacity, condition of the patients, contacts with relatives, et cetera, and without having been there myself. I'm curious what will come of this.

Last Saturday night I helped Melissa celebrate her birthday. Here are pictures to prove it. The gods were drooling all over the land then too. Like the carefree child (some might translate: dumbass) I can be, I ran without looking through the swamped up yard, saturating my shoes, socks, and the lower half of my corduroys. Melissa caught me on film, wearing her socks, her boyfriend's Garfield slippers, pants rolled up, and eating ice cream cake, with my new plastic ninja knife sitting at my side. By the way, Melissa is the maker of the HANDJOB t-shirt referenced in a previous post.

Finally. Saturday afternoon I ship out for my first work-related international voyage: Berlin. I won't be there long enough to do much sightseeing, but if anyone out there knows of anything I must see, do tell. Lonely Planet tells me: The East German government built the Berlin Wall to try and stop its citizens escaping into West Berlin. In the time it was up (1961-1989) over 5000 people tried to climb over it; 3200 were captured, 191 were killed. I wonder why this "factoid", over all others, was selected to be on the opening page. I am left with the words "captured" and "killed". Welcome and happy travels.

9 Comments:

Blogger cupcake said...

Handjob Whiskey Jackson - they will like you there in Berlin, walking the streets with your fire red hair, searching for pieces of wall and all you will bring me home is a lousy pink floyd cd - you bitch -

10:50 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Melissa, I WAS planning on bringing you a sausage of some kind, but not with that attitude. H.W. Jackson, however, is very forgiving; expect the sausage truck in a week.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Nigel G Mitchell said...

You'd think after the 1455th time, somebody would go "Uh, yeah, I think that wall's good. Let's try and find another way around." But there was probably some guy going "191 made it! We could be next!" You know, the same guy who buys lottery tickets.

All those people who advocate militarizing the US-Mexico border should take a look at how well walls have done historically. You know, the Berlin Wall, the Great Wall of China. Not too many successful stories of walls keeping people out of countries.

Ich bein ein Monkey.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Nigel G Mitchell said...

Speaking of immigration and Chewbacca, I suddenly had an image of all these Wookiees running across the border late at night. I wish I had a camcorder, twenty friends with good senses of humor, twenty Chewbacca costumes, and the time to drive to Mexico. That would be a keeper for sure. In fact, if anyone wants to make that bit, just mention me in the credits.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Hm. Our wookie must have family, and they must be trying to get in somehow. Keep your camera ready.

Thanks for coming by, Monkey Migraine, however you made your way here.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Mr Anigans said...

you know.....when i saw the word 'canal' i immediately thought of 'birth canal' which made me remember the lady who had 16 kids and wants more....
yech

5:20 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

I'm awaitin' the results of this euthanasia story as well. International business trip; woohoo! Corporate card?
Isn't there some new lady Chancellor over yon?

5:34 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

I wanna see that Wookie video...

5:35 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

mr anigans, i'm thinking of having 18 kids and all their names will begi with the number 3. what do you think?

guten tag, finnegan. medals for fertility. that's fucking something (no pun intended--i just can't decide what degree of extreme weird it is). and, that was visceral. i might have to reconsider any future plans of squeezing a human out from my private area.

glomgold--no corporate card for me, though i did notice that a couple of my meals were paid for by somebody else's corporate card. i got to hang with doctors and scientific publishing folk from various parts of the world. pretty cool. ...maybe something could be worked out with monkey migraine regarding the wookie video. christmas gifts for the whole family.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home