Wednesday, April 06, 2005

More fruit and fauna from inside the color wheel

65 degrees and growing springward is the day.

Honeydew in styrofoam and a can of cranberry juice, calcium supplement in sour gummy bears—This is my modern day office life, today at least. Flowers are on the file cabinet but no window is in the wall. Mind over matter, mind over matter.

Last night I discovered that Talking Heads makes good music for running, for last night at least, a sort of epileptic steady-pace treadmill. And I was reminded that allergy medicine in the first spring days is not just good but required music for running. Otherwise, the beast with pulsing head and swollen itch-eye arrives. Inside my passageways of all places.

Mak with his long healing knee, swollen and striped with purple scars, pedaled his bicycle behind me in the park. Involuntarily spring smiles stretched across the face of every jogger, walker, dog, stroller, roller-blader. It was like the apocalypse had come and gone and we’d all decided finally to heal and get along.

2 Comments:

Blogger {illyria} said...

the images of the bicycle and spring juxtaposed make for one beautiful metaphor. good one.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

thanks. bicycles I think are potent, very concrete and at the same time transcendent. that struck me instantly on your blog.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home