Tuesday, March 29, 2005

After Dennis Came Warm White Horses

Dennis left the smell of oil behind him in the kitchen, and I began heating water for tea.
S asked if there was enough in the pot for him.
I lied and told him no.
I told him I had lied when I told him no.
T appeared with a big cardboard box.
I noted the box came from Evil Borders.
The box is for you, S and T said.
T handed me a knife with which I sliced open the tape across the top of the box.
Inside was full with crumpled colored newspaper.
I dug and reaped:
  • a gun to blow bubbles out my car's window in spring
  • a plastic empty head out of which grass will grow, gummy worms inside
  • a purple lollipop which sprays purple sugar out its top
  • some kind of orange biscuit biscotti cookie eats
  • a gigantic psychedelicolored bouncy ball
  • the game Taboo
The fellas rocked the toy store and the night with new heat.
T asked if there was enough water in the pot for him.
S lied and told him no.
I told T that S was lying.
We all ate cheesecake in early honor of my birthday and it was good.

4 Comments:

Blogger glomgold said...

Happy day! Dennis fixes the oil and you get presents. Happy birthday/unbirthday (depending on which day it is; you might've told me and I forgot. That makes me an ass.)
I like this site look better. I would have said so earlier but blogger would not let that be the case.

11:15 PM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

it is/was your birthday/unbirthday? zoiks! and here i am wondering where all the great toys went. i would give you willy wonka and his chocolate factory because you are on fire and i like you.

3:43 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Thanks you two. My birthday is Thursday (3/31. So the gifting was delightfully early.

Glomgold--so that means you're not an ass after all. Thanks for your comment on the new colors. At work the background is very pale aqua (sort of); in other places it's white. What do you see?

Transience--you're awesome. THE chocolate factory for my birthday?! That would be a fine place to set up my new toys.

7:45 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

It's sort of a male easter bunny blue, but I've been told my monitor displays things differently than others.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home