Thursday, March 17, 2005

Stamps

Walking through the hospital hallway I see evidence for the following new conclusion about Americans: life expectancy is projected to decline in the next 50 years due to obesity. The gap spreads.

Too many options make Jack a dichotomous boy, vast on the outside and slim on the inside.

Once upon a time I boldly thought I was not subject to suggestion; however, I just bought a key lime lollipop, as green as green could be on a day when leprechauns disguised as the people I work with roam the hallways. I hadn’t bought a lollipop in months, and never key lime.

I am a sponge, a golden retriever, a celebration of radio. I am open to molecular transmission.

The hallway is busy today with minor nightmares and latent gumption. The pub calls upon
Irish history in the middle of sleeping, and the haunting persists.

2 Comments:

Blogger glomgold said...

"Too many options make Jack a dichotomous boy, vast on the outside and slim on the inside."

I really like this line.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Thanks. It was different before, and then I re-did it and ran away.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home