Thursday, February 10, 2005

Lunatic Cock Redefines Authority

I just sent a letter to a group of doctors who submitted to the journal a manuscript on the effects of levetiracetam, whatever that is. I do this sort of thing frequently in my job. However, The Good Doctor usually makes the decision and I report it. This time I made the decision.

The Good Doctor is out of the country for three weeks and told me to make decisions that come in the middle of the submission process. That is, I will not make a final decision on a manuscript but will decide when a manuscript needs to be revised based on the comments of the reviewers.

Partly, this isn't difficult considering the range: accept, revise, reject. Almost never is a manuscript accepted upon initial review. If both reviewers suggest some sort of revision, then the authors will be asked to revise. If both reviewers recommend rejection, the authors will be sent a tactful letter.

It interests me that I have been given authority to scan a scientific paper, read the reviewers' comments, and instruct the authors to revise. While I am interested in most facets of science, I have no certifiable qualifications to judge the merit of the research either within this paper or within the larger field of s____ m_______. Having done plenty of research I do bring with me, however, standard patterns of organization and standards of precise, thorough research. I can see where the data on obstructive sleep apnea patients is lacking in a study.

The re-confirmed epiphany: anything is possible given key transferrable patterns.

Furthermore, crazed cock is in the air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home