Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Poorsomnia and the Wookies that Sang Christmas

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete." –Buckminster Fuller

This was in my horoscope for the week and I shall let it stand because I am nauseatingly exhausted. Nauseatingly.

I would like to add, however, that while I was in college in Carbondale, Illinois, during the summer I lived alone in a barren studio across the street from what I told my family were crack houses (I need to keep them on their toes), I also lived down the street from a Bucky Fuller dome home. I walked by it often and sometimes spied it through the fence. Some time in the next two years I finally got inside. Some art students living there were hosting a party, where I believe the previously-mentioned Brian stalked me. I lurked behind curtains while clutching a bottle of beer. That is mostly what I remember, if that’s even true.

Ok. Now I’m out until next week. Tomorrow morning I will be transported to my parents house for Christmas festivities. Hopefully we’ll drive around on Christmas Eve and look at the lights decorating the houses while my mom sings loudly to Harry Connick Jr.-style holiday tunes. My brother won’t be there this year. Usually we sit in the back together and make unintelligible Chewbacca-like noises. Mark, however, will be there.

See what happens…

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr Anigans said...

oh crap....we were gonna go to rockaway to see the house that was so over the top disgusting that it stopped traffic.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

We'll do it when I return to Jersey.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home