Friday, September 03, 2004

Today's Moral

I keep locking myself out of my office. I come in sleepy some days and neglect to, in addition to unlocking the door from the outside, unlock it from the inside once I’m in. Twice I’ve called and pestered security, once I got a key from a secretary who got it from the office overseer, and twice I located the Good Doctor who has a copy of my key, the last time being yesterday morning. He came into my office later and said he was going to be away most of the week, in Paris. And then, Indian accented, "That means you have to handle Everything. Are you going to be able to do that?" I said, "Of course. I may lock myself out of my office a few times, but I can handle Everything." And he replied, "You’d have to come to Paris to get the key."

Not a bad idea. Frankly, I feel a little embarrassed calling security and having to tell the secretaries I was a space cadet again.

There’s always an answer, even when things look sealed, like the issue with the same ole food in the hospital café: a new combination, an unforeseen solution, a surprise, like a naked hottie in a birthday cake (although that in itself isn’t new or unforeseen).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home