Monday, September 13, 2004

GRACE

My car (This goes to somebody else's Mazda 3,which looks lighter in hue than mine, but you'll get the picture. There's a nice shot of the taillights.): she will be called Grace. It hit me like god as I was driving away from work Friday afternoon. So far here are my favorite things about her:

1. Her taillights. This is not suggestive or sexual. Her taillights are bad-ass.
2. Her interior lights. They look like crystalline brick walls narrowing toward some vanishing point in the roof of the car.
3. The volume control on the steering wheel. Saturday morning I found that I can hold a cup of coffee, make a sharp turn, and lower the volume of the music all at the same time.
4. The stellar pick-up.

What else...while I sit here in the arctic office and The Good Doctor suffers from jet lag across the hall...

In the spirit of the record show, my ten top albums as I figure them this moment (highly subject to change in a future moment)*:

1. Kristin Hersh - Hips and Makers
2. Throwing Muses - the first self-titled one
3. Brian Eno - Here Come the Warm Jets
4. Built to Spill - Perfect from Now On
5. u-ziq (What!? I can't make Greek letters on this blasted blog?) - Lunatic Harness
6. Beatles - Revolver (probably because it's playing right now and I'm lovin' it)
7. Zombies - Odessey and Oracle
8. Boards of Canada - music has the right to children
9. Slowdive - Pygmalion
10. Olivia Tremor Control - Black Foliage: Animation Music Vol. 1

*This list is a part of the flux-identity experiment and is funded by Sara S and PNC Bank, to whom we would like to extend orange thanks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

And I went the extra inch and threw in some links at long last! Hard-workin' here in the hospital today.

3:55 PM  
Blogger cupcake said...

would that be "winning blue"?

9:45 PM  
Blogger Johannes said...

Was it you who always put on "Time of the Season" by the Zombies on the Foxhead jukebox? Joyelle and I were horror-reminiscing about the Foxhead and I said, "Why was the Zombies "Time of the Season" always playing?" And she said, "I think that was Sara's doing." Well I guess she could have meant another Sara but I think she meant you, Sara. ANyway I had no idea. I was shocked.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

It was I who played "Time of the Season" on the Foxhead jukebox, and I who put it on a mix tape (the latter I assume; if not, I should be in contact with the person who did). I wonder why you are shocked.

Et oui, oui, it's winning blue. Gracie deserves it.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home