Thursday, May 05, 2005

A spring day

I’m tired of talking and tired of thinking. I’d rather be a rock star riding a vast-eared elephant stepping in beat along a narrow bridge--the water rushing and high so that it splashes my toes atop the elephant’s back but is no threat to us.

Ganesh? Yes, still seeking Ganesh and the ultimate burrito. The mouse is behind us. Let’s try a heavier song. You huff out bass tones while I holler the ants out of my gut into a stratified Wake up are we woken up we’re waking up Wake up. We will be awake and we will be at peace with our bagels and our whiskeys. And they will be at peace with theirs. We will not be sepia-toned but we will appreciate the hazelnuts that are. Reminisce the radio days and hurting organs. See.

Sunshine--but before that, there will be whiskey whisking demons and debris out of the flower bed. Carnations, tulips. And then lilies of the valley self-slung loosely across a sleek new casket having been built by industrious ants sorting events past. The sight will hurt our eyes. It will solve and release. A spring day.

p.s. Candor will climb out of the carriage when it is sharp and strapping. Meantime, train rumblings such as this are in the air.

2 Comments:

Blogger {illyria} said...

sometimes, i feel like the drive to even write leaves me. but then i realize, if i leave one of my last passions now, when i feel my life is so passionless, what will become of me?

1:12 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

transience--yes. i weighed the consequences and decided to write yesterday even though gumption is currently exhausted. we carry on.

snake in fall--thanks. you have quite a collection. i shall visit.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home